You can do many things to reduce stress and feel more relaxed during the holidays.
Here are a few holiday stress-reducing suggestions:
- Take some time for yourself. The holidays can be a busy time, so it’s essential to make sure you carve out some time to do something you enjoy, whether reading a book or taking a long bath.
- Plan ahead. Try to plan your schedule ahead of time to avoid last-minute stress and rushing around. This can help you feel more organized and in control.
- Set realistic expectations. The holidays can often be associated with a lot of pressure to have the “perfect” experience, but it’s important to remember that things don’t always go as planned. Set realistic expectations for yourself and others, and be prepared to go with the flow if things don’t go as planned.
- Take care of your physical health. Eating well, getting enough sleep, and staying active can all help reduce stress and improve your overall well-being.
- Reach out to others. Spending time with friends and loved ones can be a great way to relieve stress. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or isolated, don’t hesitate to contact someone for support.
Overall, the key to reducing stress during the holidays is to take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being. It’s okay to say no to plans or activities that don’t align with your goals. Oh, and dont forget to sometimes do nothing, meditating can start with just that.
by Gary S.